Radar Program: A new path of knowledge

 

Radar Program: A new path of knowledge




I am going to explain to you my experience in Radar Program and how I got here.


I was in a monotony period at work and lack of incentive and motivation.

One day I received an email from Radar Program: 1-year English learning program for professional development. What makes the difference in this program concerning others is that you can self nominate.

 

I thought it was a very good idea to learn and break the daily monotony I was in, and at least I would practice English and not lose contact with the language.

A few days later, they had organized a Talent & Learning Day event in Barcelona, ​​so I decided to attend so that they could inform me better.

There I met some magnificent girls from Portugal and Madrid who helped me, resolved all my doubts and showed me various ways of learning within Fujitsu.

They supported me and encouraged me to launch myself to nominate myself for the Radar program and if they did not accept me, I could always use the other routes they had told me about.

 

What made me decide to self nominate for the Radar Program? The Secret Sauce. They asked to have 3 of the ingredients of talent qualities for the secret sauce, which according to Radar are:

-         -  Empathy with the client - I have it


-        -  Open and global mindset - That's me

-        -  Grow in constant change and responsibility - I try to adapt easily to changes and learn from all situations that happen. As for responsibility, I think sometimes more than my share, but what are we going to do: I am like this!

-          Unlimited Curiosity - They say that curiosity killed the cat and that cats have seven lives, right? Well, I can assure you that it is not true: they have more lives.

-          Self-awareness - I am very aware of everything, not only mine but also my surroundings.

-          Technically gifted - Ehm…. I have 5 talented qualities, and they only ask for 3 !!

Radar is focused to capture those who are motivated by learning and gives them access to content and activities to help them drive their development.

 

Radar is divided into 3 areas:

-          Soft Skills - Learning through SkillPill, webinars, readings, videos on the topic of the month to develop your skills.

-          Tech Streams - You Choose one or two options, which is what Radar recommends, out of 5 technological flows: AI - Artificial Intelligence, RPA - Robotic Process Automation, Security, Programming Fundamentals and Cloud. I chose Cloud and, in my case, we are trained through Pluralsight and Linux Academy among others, being able to certify you by Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services. Some have already been certified, I hope to do so soon.

-          And finally Radar Points - Which are activities, from a guide of Radar activities that go from writing blogs to executing initiatives, that you can carry out during the month to earn points and continue learning, sharing or putting your knowledge into practice.


They make various recognitions as the winner of the month:


  • They make a draw among the first 5 and give a small gift to the winner.

  • They also acknowledge the most outstanding activity of the month and give him a small gift.

  • Besides, each end of the quarter they publish the Top 50 and reward them with a special event.

 


Radar Programme started in November, it is the first year that they do it, and of the 6 months we are being in the program, the last 5 months I have always been among the top 5 positions of the month. Therefore, I am also in the Top 50 of the first and second quarter.

In the first quarter, we were invited to a Storytelling Workshop that was going to be face to face in London, but because of the situation in the one we are it will be virtual at the end of May.

The second quarter has not yet decided what will be done as they would have like to set another face-to-face event and, as it could not be, they want to find something worth recognizing and rewarding the continued commitment to self-development.

But many of the activities are not easy at all ...

 


So I asked one of the girls who pushed me to Radar that day from Talent & Learning.

She indicated some people that I could contact to help me with Radar activities and, fortunately, in turn, I volunteered to participate in the Diversity and Inclusion group.


Thanks to this, I have met several superheroes and superheroines from different delegations such as:

- The girl from Madrid from Talent & Learning Day,

- The person in charge of People & Change Management in Madrid,

- My colleagues from the Diversity and Inclusion group in Barcelona,

- And the colleagues from Valencia of Diversity and inclusion among others,

That everyone offered me a hand and is helping me to collaborate, organize events, support my initiatives, give me advice and on top of that I enjoy with them with great enthusiasm and I have a great time.

 

So I have been able to collaborate in the organization of some events such as the Room Escape that we did in Barcelona of Diversity and Inclusion, which was spectacular with a large influx of participants and a very good reception.

We all enjoyed a lot, we learned a lot from our partner Rafa and he left us impressed.

 

So we encouraged by another Event: The International Day of Education

Where we presented:

- Activities that Fujitsu has done globally to promote education

- Fujitsu products in the education sector and success stories

- Talent and Learning Spain Exhibition

- And Spain's sustainable development goals for quality Education

 

I have also dared to write some learning blogs, yes, in English and with some difficulty but they came out.

Some of them are about the events in which I have participated

And others from some Webinars that I have attended that have been very enriching and bring value to everyone.

I was invited to participate in an "I am Remarkable" Google workshop which I loved and not only empowered me but I would love to share it with many people and make them feel like I felt; to empower yourself, show off and be proud of the facts.


So I also certified myself as a #IamRemarkable facilitator and had the opportunity to give my first workshop last April to the Pelayo company, yes, virtually, with which we collaborate to help them start a group of diversity and inclusion in their company. It was a spectacular experience!

 

I also had an initiative in my department: Weekly Camera Café sessions.

A virtual meeting with the working group to maintain communication for the duration of this situation and to discuss anything other than work:

Feelings, concerns, experiences, anecdotes or simply to see the faces and / or voices of the coworkers you used to see every day and thus disconnect a little from the situation, and even get to know each other's families.


Because, even though we are teleworking in the distance, together we continue to form a team, making a great effort and making the work go out so that the client continues to have the same or better service.

This initiative has been very well received and is recommended and applicable to any work team.

 I can say that I am obtaining many positive things from this program and personal enrichment:

For example, I continue practising English like my first intention was and I have expanded my network
of friends


I team up with them and together or with their help more goals can be achieved as the word TEAM says: Together - Everyone - Achieves - More.


- I learn from people's skills

- I reinforce my skills

- You can learn one or more technological flows, like Cloud in my case.

- I have known various learning pathways within Fujitsu such as Saba, SkillPill, Linux Academy, Pluralsight, and also outside as IamRemarkable.

- I have also discovered that there is another way of learning within Fujitsu called “Learning League”, that when Radar ends it may also investigate because it is similar to Radar and seems very interesting.

 

Something negative? That I must be very lucky in love because in 5 months remaining in the top 5 I have never won the draw of the month.

 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Creativity and Mindfulness

Self-reflection on my way on the Radar Programme

Tips to get you started in the practice of Mindfulness